Monday, October 15, 2007

6 Hours of Sleep ..............

uninterrupted! The last three nights Kellen has slept from 10 pm to 4 am - of course the first night he did that I kept waking up and checking on him to make sure he was still breathing. He has also started smiling - which we just love. As soon as I capture a smile on film I will post a picture.

Friday - We attended our nieces school Halloween carnival. It was so cold outside - it really is starting to feel like Halloween. It was basically one of those nights where you sacrifice three hours of your life just so your kids can have fun. There was some great costumes though - especially from some of the moms - there was the popular "plastic surgery gone bad" and the "I still think I'm 18" -classic. Okay so I don't think they were meant to be costumes.

Saturday - I drove the three hours up to Lake Shasta with my parents and Kellen to check out a ranch we are renting out for our family reunion for 4th of July (thanks Tracy). Good thing Kellen likes the car because it was a long day driving there and back. I just want to warn anyone who may drive on HWY 50 - beware you may get pulled over by a Park Ranger - yes you read that right. I was going 80 in the fast lane and a Park Ranger pulled me over - my first thought was - is HWY 50 a state park? My second thought was he wanted to warn me that if I was only going to go 80 I might want to get in the slow lane. Well he actually was on a power trip and wanted to give me a hard time and a warning - very funny considering he has no authority to even pull me over or give me a ticket. The only reason I pulled over was I thought I must have been mistaking to think he was a Park Ranger - but his uniform confirmed he was. I was kind of laughing the whole time he was talking with me because I was in such disbelief. I asked him if he could get Yogi bears autograph for me. I had to call Sheldon after it happened - he was mad I didn't get his name and badge number - I wish he was in the car with me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

no way that is one for the books i think you are the first one to get pulled over by a park ranger that's so funny

tracy said...

Did he try to confiscate your "pic-a-nic basket??" What the heck?! Boys with badges!!!
So cute that Kellen is smiling now, I bet Mekai is loving that!!
Cool-you guys went up to Coram Ranch? Did you like it? Certainly not the Trump Towers, but...

Melissa said...

You were up near where I used to live. Yreka! So fun that Kellen is starting to smile. I just love babies. I loved your comment about the halloween costumes that weren't really costumes. And the park ranger. How did you control your laughter? Was he getting bugged that you weren't taking him serious?

Christina said...

its a yooooooogi bear! seriously-what the heck was THAT about!??!?! i would have been like AM I GETTING PUNKD?? where's ashton!?!?

too cute that he's smiling now-it makes them seem more like "real people"

love the "costumes" in your hood--that was classic--

tracy said...

OK---time for more pics!!!

Kristen said...

Why is sleep so great!! you don't realize how improtant it is until you don't get any! 6 hours must have been great! But i'm like you I'm checking to see if the baby is breathing :)

(check out my blog)